Kayla began her legal career at Adams and Adams and completed her articles in 2017. She was then admitted as an attorney in 2018, and started with the Christodoulou and Mavrikis in May of 2019. Since then Kayla has taken on the role of a senior associate where she heads the Labour Law Department. She also has extensive experience in commercial and corporate law and has been an integral part in running some of the firm’s largest commercial mergers and acquisitions. In respect of Labour Law, she advises clients and appears at the Labour Court, CCMA, and Bargaining Council, and disciplinary hearing and settlement negotiations, where necessary. She has also completed her Labour Law Practice course at Wits, attaining the top mark in the country. In respect of the commercial law side, she has been involved in the setting up of various businesses, sale of businesses, take-overs, share transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate and governance issues.
Kayla was also involved in the drafting of the Government Procurement Review of 2017, and has written various articles of advice for Lexis Nexis.
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Contract Law
- Civil Litigation, Arbitration and Dispute resolution
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bcom LLB (University of Pretoria)
- Individual Labour Law Practice Course 2019 (WITS University)
LEGAL EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT AND THE LAW SOCIETY OF SOUTH AFRICA TRAINING COURSES
- LEAD Litigation and Writing Course 2019
- LEAD Negotiating or Signing a B-BBEE Deal Course 2020
- LEAD Rules of Evidence Course 2021
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa, 2018.